baby
pregnancy calendar

Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Mom's Luncheon

Yesterday Haley and I attended a New Mom's luncheon at the hospital. There were about 15 new mom's and their babies - they were all so adorable! Haley was hungry right when we arrived so I fed her a bottle while everyone ate salads. During that time we went around the room introducing ourselves & our babies, gave birth stats (weight, date, etc), and told our delivery stories. Haley was the baby of all the babies in size :) Most of the babies were older than Haley too because everyone invited delivered in February, most at the beginning of the month. Unfortunately, Haley was not too happy through the lunch - she only was not fussy when I held her against my chest and patted her back...not easy to eat this way. So, toward the end, I asked the nurse running the lunch if she'd hold Haley while I finished eating and, of course, Haley went to sleep the minute she held her! It was great seeing other new mom's and hearing the questions they asked. A few of us agreed to set up some play dates because we each had little girls & live somewhat close to each other. There is also a mom's support group that meets once a month on Wednesday's so I'm going to start attending those. It was a good day :)

No comments: